Acute Program RN Staff Nurse
Position: Acute Program RN staff nurse
Location: Bellingham, WA
Industry: Health Care – Dialysis
Manages Others: No
Job Type: Health Care – Dialysis
Education: 2 Year RN Degree
Experience: At least 1 year RN dialysis experience
Relocation Covered: Yes
Coordinate day-to-day activities and planning of Acute Program and coordinate nursing care for patients. Participate in patient and family teaching. Maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
Accredited nursing degree (required) and BSN (preferred).
WA State RN license (required).
Minimum 1 year in chronic dialysis unit or acute dialysis.
- Ensure the daily operations, patient schedule and delivery of care in acute area is efficient and effective.
- Ensure patient treatment is effective, following physician orders and policies & procedures.
- Provide direct patient care and administer medications as ordered.
- Demonstrate competency in all aspects of acute dialysis, meeting specific technical skills and needs, i.e., hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, TPE, and CRRT.
- Responsible to provide education for patient and family, and hospital staff as needed.
- Reports to Supervisor of Acute Program, Nurse Manager, or Administrator, any safety concerns involving patients or staff.
- Communicate clearly and timely to all members of the health care team: physicians, patient care staff, supply and maintenance involving any clinical issues in the acute setting.
- Act independently, utilizing time and resources effectively. Use nursing assessment and judgment in care and reporting to physician.
- Demonstrate professional accountability.
MBKC Required Responsibilities
- Knowledgeable and compliant with MBKC Fire/Safety/Disaster/HR policies and procedures, education requirements, personnel policies and work processes and protocols.
- Follow all regulatory standards (e.g., HIPAA, corporate compliance program; Conditions of Coverage).
- Demonstrate support and adherence to the Mission Statement and Values Statement.
- Participate and support the Quality Assessment Performance Improvement process and provide optimum customer service.
- Responsible for development and implementation of self-management skills.
- Follow the basic principles of behavior.
- Maintain professional growth and development.
- Participate in meetings as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.